In the first grade I was introduced to Adobe Illustrator and immediately knew that digital art would be my profession. Thirty-one years later I'm a graphic designer, illustrator, multimedia artist, web & social media designer and front-end developer. Now I'm looking for my next challenge/professional home.
I enjoy creating an experience, making something memorable and realizing my own and other people's projects and ideas. One of my favorite things to do each day is to solve a puzzle or learn something new in design or development. Beauty surrounds us and I love the small part I play in adding to it.DOWNLOAD My Resumé
Art and Academic Scholarship Recipient; MU Student Leader Award
Continuing Education Course
• Develop and design Drupal 8 (mobile-first/responsive) custom themes and websites; including complex logic mapping and unique functionality. Setup site that allow for EveryAction tool integration. Test and modify modules to enable client requested site features. • Enhance the functionality and aesthetic of EveryAction themes and forms while staying informed of newest product features. Provide UX feedback to product team. • Provide a portfolio of progressive clients each with project consultation, wireframe/mockup/UX design, best practices advice, project management, digital training, ongoing support and site maintenance. • Manage the full lifecycle of websites from migration, creation, publishing, securing, updating, troubleshooting and decommissioning.
June 2012–October 2017
• Held lead role designing, developing, troubleshooting and strategizing (wireframing, UX mapped) for SEIU International as well as SEIU Locals and online campaign properties utilizing Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Movable Type, Craft, Squarespace, Weebly and Nationbuilder. • Executed expert level Wordpress installation (for stand alone and cluster sites), theme customizing, site & database migrating, troubleshooting/updating and script conflict resolving, implementing SEO and accessibility, training and writing user guides. • Designed and built complex forms (including features: hand-coded live validation and input autocomplete), online tools (such as interactive maps and pre-populated Tweet generators) and emails (using Craft, MailChimp and Blue State Digital). • Created shares and graphics for a wide range of social media platforms, sites, emails and mobile devices.
• Managed and serviced SEIU Local and International client’s complete print/multimedia design needs. • Utilized Adobe Creative Suite, Motion and Microsoft Office to design and track production of a full array of materials (such as: reports, flyers, banners, logos, apparel designs, promotional materials, advertisements, animations, presentations, posters, invitations, conference room design, maps and illustrations) • Adhered to union-wide quality standards and technical production guidelines. Assisted in training SEIU local union and international staff and offered advice on best design and branding practices.
• Custom Designed: Created brochures, conference booklets, advertisements, postcards and logos. • Assisted with a variety of corporate identity pieces, completed magazine advertisement designs, performed research on human trafficking and editing of marketing materials.
• Custom Designed and Managed: Developed creative concepts, constructed advertisements and magazine layouts. Custom designed logos, booklets, brochures, media kits, self-promotional materials and other company branding materials. Contributed to the update and re-design of the company’s website. • Workflow Organization: Oversaw staff workﬂow including editor, sales representatives, designer, photographer, staff writer, and printers. Tracked the efﬁciency of most production processes. • Client Relations: Listened and advised clients on branding and advertisement design.
• Custom Designed and Managed: Drafted concepts and designed printed materials. • Established corporate identity/branding and enhancement. Regularly selected and purchased stock photography for company use. Client range included service, retail, educational, and ﬁtness industries. • Managed client and printer relations: Developed and maintained positive and professional relationships with clients. Managed print job workﬂow including scheduling, prooﬁng, pricing, and execution. • Administrative Responsibilities: Generated ad and font archives, maintained hardware and software.
January 2003–August 2003
• Designed retail and classiﬁed advertisements, ﬂyer and group page designs, selected and adjusted digital images. Proofread advertisements created by other members of the design department.
1354 Taylor Street NW, Unit B